Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Congratulations to the New Children's Laureate

Congratulations to Leigh Hobbs the new Australian Children's Laureate.


The Laureate's role is to promote the importance of reading, creativity and story in the lives of young Australians. You can find out more about this role and keep up to date with their projects on the Children's Laureate webpage -  www.childrenslaureate.org.au


The theme for Hobbs’s two-year term as Australian Children’s Laureate will be ‘to champion creative opportunities for children, and to highlight the essential role libraries play in nurturing our creative lives’.

'Libraries have played an enormous role in my life', Hobbs says. 'Reading and exploring history and art is something I have been able to do because of libraries. I’m passionately interested in histories and cultures and I hope that through my work I can encourage children to explore and experience these things too.'

No comments:

Post a Comment